Thursday, August 5, 2010

Why do I struggle over family?

Little Bit had his very first hair cut last night.  I wanted to take him to a barber and take lots of pictures but DH was determined to give his son his first cut.  I figured, it's supposed to be special, why not?  So we settled in the bathroom.  Video camera rolling, mommy soothing and snapping pictures.  Baby crying because he was hungry...  All in all it was a nice experience {he stopped crying after a minute}.

I made the first clip and put the hair in a baggie to scrapbook later, then DH took the barber clippers to the boy.  Today I saw the excess hair sitting in a different baggie and thought, should I really send locks of hair to my mom and mother in law?  I saved the extra hair for that reason.  We had plenty... the boy was born with a full head of hair and has had 8 months time to grow it out...

I just didn't know if I wanted to "be the nice girl" and send them a lock of his hair.  It's a special thing for our family.  Should I keep the hair just for us and keep it special?  Or should I be the good daughter (in-law) and share the experience?  Do they deserve it?  Why do I struggle with deciding?
I already keep a lot of our photos off the family site because to be honest, I don't want to share them.  I've posted some in my blog that aren't shared with my family.  Sometimes I think they don't do anything to deserve being a part of our new life... then I think, I should be above them and be the "nice one"... there's those words again.  I just don't know.  I guess I'll talk to the chaplain about it next time.
blog comments powered by Disqus