Saturday, July 10, 2010

Feeling a Little Down

I've been feeling a little down lately.  I've been stressed about Little Bit.  He's been very cranky with his teething.  He also gets bored about every 15 minutes and I have to pick him up and move him to a different toy or to my lap.  It's pretty hard on my back and I am still healing from my abdominal surgery.  The hard thing is that I know this is normal for his age and it's something every mom deals with everyday.  I also gained 5lbs in two weeks.  That's been hard on me too.  I knew it would happen with my surgery... but I figured I'd lose this week.  I gained another pound.  I checked my body fat and muscle mass.  Both were bad news.  I was hoping my muscle mass would be up so I could blame my weight gain on it... but nope, no luck.  I am still tossing around the idea of taking medication, but my depression seems to be completely situational and not chemical.  I'm not sure medication would help much.  And, to tell you the truth, I can't swallow pills so I would have to crush it up every morning and put it in applesauce or yogurt.  It's kinda a hassle and I tend to forget or get too busy to take daily medication.  I just don't know what to do besides eating or shopping to curb my depression when it strikes.  It's not like I can avoid my triggers...  I have been wanting to go out to a movie lately, but that will get very expensive too.
blog comments powered by Disqus