Friday, June 4, 2010

Feelin' Good Today!

I am feeling really good today!  I hope it's not the manic to my depression... but we'll just have to wait and see.  I got my hair done today.  It looks great!  I went to a salon instead of the Wal-mart cutting place and treated myself.  It wasn't the poshest place, but it was nice.  I didn't get to relax too much because I was worried I'd have a gallbladder attack while I was out and away from my pills and heating pad.  I did get my hair washed, cut and styled though.  She cut quite a bit off and it didn't look any different to me.  I've had it in a pony tail for nearly a year so I guess in my mind's eye it was still shoulder length.  In reality it was mid-back.  No wonder it was heavy.  I think I was getting headaches.  Anywho, she cut it, layered it and razored it to thin it out some.  It looks good... but don't just take my word for it.  See?  {It's not as cute as the stylish had made it, but I'll post a new one tomorrow. And please excuse the mommy marks... I was posing for weight loss pictures.}

Then DH and I went out to dinner.  LB tagged along too.  He ordered the Similac while DH ordered the prime rib and I the halibut caesar salad.  It was really yummy.  I wanted dessert but I was worried it would be too fatty so we decided just to box up my leftovers and go for a stroll.  The restaurant sits out onto the river.  It was a beautiful and cool night tonight.  I even got to dip my toes in the river, finally!  It is still so cold that you can die of hypothermia in two minutes if you fell in, but it was nice to stick my foot in for a moment.  I can't wait until we can go swimming in it!

Finally we came home and I took a nice long, hot bath.  We bought a lighter in May for my birthday cake so I was actually able to have a candlelit bath instead of a night-light one lol.  Then I wrapped myself in my brand new bath sheet.  It's like a gigantic bath towel.  I love it!  I decided I would check the scale even though I know I'm a little heavy from our big dinner and guess what?!  I lost over 2lbs!  My body fat % is down too!  I am so excited.  *squeal!*  DH took some new pictures of me in roughly the same outfit as before so I can draw comparisons.  I'll post those on my weight loss blog tonight or tomorrow.  I am kinda wanting to get in the living room with him and read a romance novel.  I'm feeling sexy today!  Oh and shhhh don't tell the hubby... but I am going back to the salon tomorrow to have my hair dyed....red!  It's too dark to have it lightened back to red... so we're just gonna dye it.  I can't wait!  I miss my red hair.  All the women in my family had vibrant red hair until about 20 and then it turns dark brown.  Blah!

I was telling DH... maybe I don't need the antidepressants.  We'll see.  I'm going to keep my appointment in case my mood drops again before Wednesday.
post 
signature
blog comments powered by Disqus